Sometimes change requires a push…
Often with coaching, clients try to avoid responsibility. The more you tell them that they are capable of change, the louder their inner voices tell them they are not. Provocative coaching challenges this. It puts fun and laughter back into your change work.
Frank Farrelly (1931-2013) first called it ‘provoke therapy’ then provocative therapy, and said “Provoking change is not just about playing the devil’s advocate, it’s about the effective use of challenge, warmth and humour in equal measure”.
In this one-day workshop, you will learn:
- How the approach differs and when to use it
- Stacking states for a powerful push
- Pushing by pulling
- Challenging you clients 1st statement
- Exaggerate to absurdity
- Playing Devil’s advocate
- But what is the problem?
- Moving beyond your clients limits
This rare opportunity is being offered to those interested in overcoming limitations and those sometimes frustrated with the “Yes but” people.
Open course: We run this as a one-day workshop one or twice a year
Location: Birmingham NLP and Hypnotherapy Training Centre, Birmingham. B30 1AB
On-site training: Can be run on-site to suit you and your team
Contact me for more information: Mark Peters 0121 251 6172 or email
Complete Coaching package
- The Course
- Learning outcomes
- What will I gain?
- Training dates
- How to book
Our Complete Coaching Package will move you into the field of Higher Performance Coaching (HPC) which is far beyond the standard Coaching programs most often on offer. Based on your experience and training you will be qualified to work in the fields of:
- Personal development coaching
- Executive Coaching
- Business Coaching
- Leadership Coaching
- Sports Performance Coaching
- Youth Coaching and more….
Our Complete Coaching Package builds on the powerful work of Timothy Gallwey, Sir John Whitmore, Michael Breen, Anthony Robbins and others. It goes beyond just using the GROW model or wheel of life and looks at the structure of your experiences that have brought you to where you are now. Understanding the structure of subjective experience moves clients and coaches from the heavily focused left-brain coaching models to an understanding of emotional drivers and creative thinking (right-brain) power.
You will learn the power of ‘metaphors in leadership and coaching’ that cut to the heart of the language we use to express how we perceive ourselves and the world around us.
- You will learn what direct and indirect coaching is as we explore the coaching continuum
- You will learn through practical practice with real life scenarios on each other
You will build both practical and theoretical practice
- You will gain training in the most up to date coaching program available
- You will gain accreditation/certification with nationally and internationally recognised organisations
- You will gain 2 qualifications: (1) NLP Practitioner (2) Coach
The full coaching package is delivered in three modules with a total cost of £2000 and includes all accreditation fees.
- Module 1: 6th to 9th March
- Module 2: 13th to 15th March
- Module 3: 10th to 12th July
- Module 1: 19th to 22nd June
- Module 2: 26th to 28th June
- Module 3: 10th to 12th July
- Module 1: 4th to 7th September
- Module 2: 18th to 20th September
- Module 3: 30th October to 1st November
What if I am already qualified in NLP do I get any credits?
If you are already qualified as an NLP Practitioner or Master-Practitioner by one of the recognised bodies then you can opt to just attend the 3 day Coaching for Change module at £749 which includes all accreditation fees.
Contact us to discuss details and to book. You can pay in interest-FREE instalments, by invoice or even by card (good ol' cash always welcome too)
Phone 0121 251 6172 or email us
Can I get a booking form?
You can download a booking form by
To secure your place please pay a £200 deposit, with your credit or debit card, using the button below
To book your place(s) please complete the registration form below
Coaching for Change - an NLP Perspective
- What is Coaching for Change
- What will you learn
- Course outline
- Course costs and dates
- Course pre-requirements
Coaching is defined as “enabling clients to shift their perspectives and thereby discover different solutions to achieve their goals”.
Change management is defined as “a structured approach to shifting/transitioning individuals, teams, and organisations from a current state to a desired future state”
The common element is the change of perspective or state.
Coaching for Change is a set of tools to develop belief and behaviour change and to gain commitment by overcoming resistance.
NLP Coaching has a distinct advantage over other forms of coaching as it enable the client to congruently achieve the objectives established in their coaching plan. NLP offers coaches the ability to tailor selected interventions to take into account the client’s unconscious mind where both resources and incongruities are present.
If you are already trained in NLP and want to explore the uses and possibilities of coaching, either in your personal or professional life, this is the ideal course for you. NLP is the perfect foundation from which to build your coaching skills.
It also comes with the reassurance of a robust and internationally recognised qualification from the Society of NLP if that is of interest to you.
- The relationship between and the differences of coaching, therapy, consulting and counselling.
- How coaching benefits both the organisation and the individual
- How coaching skills are essential to managers.
- The main coaching models and how they fit with NLP
- How to set goals so you can achieve them
- How to give feedback that quickly modifies behaviour
- How to coach a client to achieve their outcomes
- How to structure your own coaching programmes
- How to apply a simple top ten tips to coaching
What next: Contact us on 0121 251 6172 for dates of open courses; alternatively we can deliver on-site to suit you and at a day rate rather than delegate rate.
Day 1 - Introduction, structure and...
Background to coaching for change:
- What coaching actually is
- A brief history of coaching
How the NLP strategy model ties in planning implementation including:
- TOTE for results
- Well-formed outcomes
- The NLP Framing tool
- Classic coaching models such as the GROW, SMART, CLEAR etc.
- Meta Programmes and how they structure your decisions
- How we naturally motivate and organise ourselves and how we can use that to create natural motivation and productivity.
Day 2 - The use language in coaching
What our language says about our internal world
- How to gain rapport easily and effortlessly
Using the NLP language patterns:
- Meta model
- Milton Model
- Sleight of Mouth
- Small words with big meanings
The language of results:
- How to verbally frame an outcome so it is the ONLY possible result
- How to effectively structure questions and use feedback to easily achieve results
Day 3 - Bringing it all together
- How to structure your coaching programmes
- Top 10 tips for coaching for change from an NLP perspective
- Perceptual positioning
- Practical coaching practice
Summer course 2020
- July 10th to 12th
Winter course 2020
- October 30th to November 1st
How can I book?
"Wow... The perceptual positioning exercise alone was worth it..... What I thought was might biggest worry didn't turn out to be so and I answered my own questions. I also now understand the coaching continuum between directive and non-directive" Kate - Head-teacher
In this introduction to coaching workshop you will learn the effective framework of coaching so you can really help the people you work with, and even yourself, make a difference in life and business.
This introduction to coaching workshop will help you, as the coach, to help individuals identify what they need to do and how they need to do it. NLP coaching is about facilitating personal change.
You will learn to win what Timothy Gallwey called 'the inner game'
Coaching workshop includes:
- Ring of Confidence – build confidence, change feelings
- Effective use of metaphors – effective story telling
- Metal model – core of NLP
- Modalities & sub-modalities – map of the world
- How to develop well formed outcomes
- Time Lining
Discover how to consistently put into action your drive and your motivation and how to reach your goals and objectives by learning the skills used in coaching. You’ll learn how to develop an action plan and how to put it into practical application so that you achieve exceptional results. To be successful this plan must defined, in a specific way your, goals and objectives and must contain within it the steps you need to take to get where you want to go.
Top 10 Tips for NLP coaching
- Prepare yourself first - get yourself in the 'right state of mind'
- Believe in yourself and your client - trust in the skills and resources
- Pre-frame for success - begin with the end in mind
- Establish and maintain rapport - Trust is essential
- Set a Direction - enjoy the journey
- Watch & listen - calibrate and feedback
- Clear obstacles and gather resource - overcome the naysayers
- Use softeners - make questions seem less questioning
- Gather evidence - how will you know?
- Wire in the language patterns - practice, practice, practice.
Identify your obstacles and discover your personal strategies for overcoming them easily during the Time lining segment of the training. Discover how to focus your energy, remain motivated and develop yourself to your maximum potential.
Take your first step into the world of NLP and Coaching.
Introduction to Coaching Dates TBA
Please contact us to run the workshop on-site for you and your team.
Time to change your life.
Lead, don't follow...
Coaching seems to find many names including NLP Coaching, Life Coaching, high performance coaching, developmental coaching even hypno-coaching, to name just a few, but the basic premise is still the same “the process of helping another person perform at the peak of his or her abilities”.
- Introduction to Coaching
- Coaching for Change
- Coaching for performance and personal resilience
- Complete Coaching Package - to include NLP Practitioner and Coaching certification
- Life Coaching and Sports Coaching
- Provocative Coaching
Our aim for Coaching Training in Birmingham is to build on the solid foundation of originators in the field of coaching including Timothy Gallwey , Sir John Whitmore, Michael Breen, Anthony Robbins and others so that you can learn real tangible skills to help both yourself, your business and those you plan to work with.
A Balanced Approach to Coaching
Our Coaching training in Birmingham is a mind and body approach to coaching. Posture as well as thought processes affect the whole so we deal with the whole. By taking a mind and body approach we can help the client feel relaxed and present – by this I mean actually paying conscious and unconscious attention to what is happening RIGHT NOW in the session rather than dwelling on the problem.
Highly qualified Coach
Mark Peters is a highly qualified and experienced coach providing coaching training in Birmingham. He delivers a range of Coaching training courses in Birmingham as well as working with clients on a
What course do you want to be on?
Coaching is not just about helping others, it is about helping yourself develop clearer and more useful goals; to be the champion of your inner game.
Please take the opportunity to find out more. We will explain why our Accredited Coaching Training could be the new course for your life and career; a new direction and opportunity.
Coaching Training is more than just learning the GROW model and SCORE models, its about understanding that people seek coaches who actively listen and help them think more clearly in order to make the desired changes. As well as knowing what they need to do, clients need to know how. It is the focus on how people make changes that is the focus and essense of our Accredited Coaching Training.